Oily skin can lead to several problems. Nobody wants to look shiny and unhygienic. It can feel greasy even just hours after you thoroughly cleanse your skin. This overproduction of oil is caused by your sebaceous glands. It sits just right under each pore and produces a natural oil called “sebum.” This ensures that your skin is hydrated. However, too much oil production can cause problems.
Why Do You Have Oily Skin?
Oily skin is not often a cause for concern. Still, it should not be taken for granted. Before you go looking for a solution, you must understand why oily skin happens. It can be caused by several reasons:
- The sebaceous glands produce more sebum when you are younger. That is why younger individuals are more likely to have oily skin than older adults. If you noticed, older individuals have dry skin.
- Consider this the culprit if you have oily skin. If your parents have oily skin problems, you might have it too. Having overly active sebaceous glands runs in families. So if acne breakouts are common in the family, talk to your dermatologist.
- Enlarged Pores. If you have large pores you tend to have oily skin. This can be caused by several factors – age, weight changes, skin breakouts, etc. The large pores will not naturally get smaller. But you can use blotting paper to control your oiliness.
- Skincare Products. What you put on your skin can affect its health. Using the wrong products can trigger the sebaceous glands. This can cause oily skin. Make sure that you only use the best products for oily skin.
- Environmental Causes. The location and weather conditions can affect your skin health. Humid and hot seasons can cause your skin to be oily. And colder months will make your skin dry.
Importance of Skincare Products
Oily skin is tricky to control. But the right products can help make it easier for you. Start using skincare products that are formulated for your skin type for these reasons.
- Ensure Moisture Balance. Many products can help balance the moisture levels of the skin. Some products help lock the moisture. This can prevent dryness and the overproduction of sebum.
- Promote Healthier Skin. Your skin is nourished for overall health support with the right skincare products. Only use trusted products that can give proper hydration, nutrients, and protection against UV rays.
- Address Common Skin Issues. Skin problems can be addressed with the right products. Oily skin is prone to pimples and acne breakouts. Using the correct products ensures a more targeted solution.
- Prevent Premature Aging. Skin products for oily skin often have anti-aging components. This helps lessen the visibility of aging. In addition, these products contain collagen which promotes skin elasticity.
Understanding your oily skin can make a huge difference. This will help you find the right skincare solution. There are plenty of products out there. And you can choose from products that are specifically made for oily skin types. Talk to your dermatologist. They can help determine which products are best for you.